Interested in being one of our Stylist / Educators?
The Vimean Beauty+ Team has witnessed the difference a solid vocational education in beauty can make in the life of a young woman trying to rise above the challenges of poverty. Many of our graduates have solidified their income and are now enabled to ensure they have adequate income to keep themselves safe and their families fed. Even better, they understand higher level business concepts that empower them to grow their businesses and further amplify their earnings potential. The Beauty+ solution doesn't just enable a woman, it fuels economic change woman by woman through vocational and life skills training. Our “live-in stylist” program will help us reach more students and further improve the skills they learn.
Do you think you have what it takes?
In order to qualify for our program you must:
- Be a fully licensed cosmetologist with at least 5 years of experience
- Have worked in a salon or beauty store where education is a part of your focus
- Have a passport and be open to living in a developing country
- Have a love for helping others through your craft
- Have a clean record (background checks are required)
- Be willing (and financially able) to live abroad for at least six months
- Be willing to actively participate in fundraising to enable your journey (each 3 month rotation costs us about $10k USD)
While working at our salon abroad, you will be asked to:
- Train our new interns to develop sustainable income skills through the beauty vocation
- Provide continuous on-the job training for our salon staff to keep them talented in high-end salon services and styles while enhancing their ability to teach our classes
- Conduct continual 1/2 day training sessions at the salon for all girls in the beauty program (25 students)
- Provide “celebrity” stylist services to attract new customers
- Work with staff to increase revenue in the salon through services and retail
- Work with NYC team to enhance our six month curriculum
- Be a spokesperson for Beauty+ and the work we are doing
- Blog about your experience to share it with others and attract other stylist educators to partake in the “live-in” program
If this sounds like something that's for you, please reach out to us through our contact page and introduce yourself. We will work with you to answer any questions you have and see if we can make your trip a reality.